3.09.2009

on my sewing table

EmmyEmbroideries

More red-threaded embroideries destined for quilt-dom. I've mentioned that I'm predictable, right? I offered to make a custom quilt similar to this one for a school auction. The winner provided the drawings (well, her daughter did) and chose the colors/style of this quilt. So light blue linen and red embroidery thread: we meet again. Mwah, ha haaaaaa.

I love tracing and embroidering children's artwork. With the multitude of big-headed stick figures I receive on a daily basis, I sometimes forget to appreciate the clean, simple line and form that the under 5 crew are capable of. Check out this sunflower:

sunflower

Isn't that SO a sunflower? I love it.

And for the grandparental reader types: playing hide and seek with a 3-year old, for your amusement:

EsmeHiding

8 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE your redwork! I have the same huge pile of art that I can never keep track of - I hope you don't mind if I copy you!

Anonymous said...

I love all the red! It's going to look great, I'm sure!

Lori said...

love the quilt!

such a cute hide-n-seeker. :^)

lisa solomon said...

red + white is always a good combo!
i heart the kids drawings too!

Anonymous said...

Love that one so much. Am now inspired for my next (in line, making it 6th in the list!!) quilt!

Philigry said...

love all the pictures. so inspiring!

Jessica said...

I love children's artwork so much...that quilt is great!!!

kraftykash said...

What a great idea for a quilt. That was super nice of you to do.