10.15.2008

one down

Block for Beki

Here's my first block for the twelve by twelve quilting bee (check out the cool new space designed by Tracy!) The block is for arsty crafty babe who requested stripes. I hope she likes it (beki - you can remove the buttons if you'd like. they'll probably be a pain come quilting time).

Beki sent the Amy Butler flowers and coordinating pumpkin-colored fabrics and I pulled the blues from my stash. I adore the fabric she picked and can't wait to see the finished quilt!

And don't mind me. I'll just keep quilting away over here, ignoring the seemingly cataclysmic collapse of the global economy around me.

Lah-dee-lah-dee-lah...

13 comments:

kristena marie said...

Looks great!

Unknown said...

Love all those fabrics! Looks great :)

kathryn said...

how pretty melissa!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the use of solids in the block and the blues add a nice contrast to the orange. Wonder what you will get next?

Anonymous said...

ha ha...i had to laugh out loud at the last part about the economy.

eek! it's ugly out there isn't it? whenever i see the words "Dow Jones" I just shut my eyes real quick---i don't want to see that!

oh and...the block is adorable!

kraftykash said...

turned out great! Way to make it your own style! Kashoan

Sandra Evertson said...

Gorgeous!
Sandra

Sandra Evertson said...

Gorgeous!
Sandra

Mozi Esme said...

Very pretty - I love how all the fabrics complement each other!

Jessica said...

That square turned out great!! I can't wait to get started on my square this weekend!

Philigry said...

love this one! it looks great! i am dying to see all her squares together. My month is August...I am not sure if I can wait that long!

beki said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE it!!

Leciawp said...

Beautiful! Makes me wish I could sew - I don't even do buttons, my poor husband. I saw your link on SouleMama - nice blog!