9.30.2008

Frazzled and Canned

I think I’m officially drained of all creative thought for the day, so please bear with me here. In fact, when I sat down to write this post, my confused and tired foot searched aimlessly under my desk for the foot pedal. And it just took me about 4 whole minutes to remember the word “foot pedal”, so I’m calling my brain officially frazzled as well.

ActivityTotes, handmade, alexander henry, vintage fabric

But!! I have goodies to share! I’ve been making these activity totes for some time now so they were the first thing on my make-for-the-shop list. I love how each of these has its own little character (or "flair" ala office space), so wanted to show them off. I hope you don’t mind a few excitedly rambling posts about frazzled brains and shameless self promotion for a few days. We’ll be back to real life here soon!

CannedRomas

Speaking of not real life, I did take a "break" last night to deal with the pile of insistent tomatoes that resolutely threatened to march themselves right out to the compost pile if I did not can them that instant. So, they’re canned. And, I’m adding roma tomatoes to our gardening list next year in place of this year’s humongonoid yellow brandywines that are a nightmare to can (I’m talking 1 ½ to 2 pounds EACH!) They sure are pretty, though and make for a beautiful display of summer ripeness. Maybe we'll keep just one little bush...

CannedBrandywines

Thank you for your tips and suggestions! I’ll share more placemat patterns/colors tomorrow, because photoshop and a frazzled mind do not mix.

Don’t forget to comment on this post to be eligible for my giveaway!

xo

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your bags look great! I've looked for the foot pedal at the computer before too - lol! I hope you get a good night's sleep, for your tired brain!

Michelle said...

Everything looks great! I'm a bit envious of your accomplishments...I haven't been able to do anything with my fabric or tomatoes in weeks. I guess lack of sleep is my main excuse right now. We are making progress, though. He slept 8 hours on Monday night! Too bad he fell asleep at 9 and I didn't go to bed until 11...

kraftykash said...

The bags turned out great. I understand about the frazzled brain. I find tht is your brains way of saying "slow down girl"
TaKe Care Kashoan

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Oh my! The foot pedal comment made me laugh SOOOO hard! You seriously need, and DESERVE a break! The bags look AMAZING!

lisa solomon said...

mmmmm canned goods.
i'm impressed!!

Anonymous said...

I am laughing about you trying to use the foot pedal for the computer!!!

Those bags look great, the lion in the middle stole my heart. When are you opening? So exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

I have to have that lion fabric. Is that Alexander Henry? When the mouse goes over the picture that names comes up? I'd love the name of it if you have the chance. All three books look lovely. You are so talented.