4.28.2008

One Plus One Makes Six (and Two More)

VikingHolden

Yesterday was our 6th wedding anniversary and we celebrated like any parents of 2 and 4-year-olds would...by attending two kid birthday parties. Nothing screams romance like purple icing’d birthday cake and Pippi Longstocking braids (the first party was a PL party) (of which I was the only attendant in Pippi attire) (nice).

KentonFirehouse

To play along with Paper Dolls for Boys' My Town week, above is a shot of the old Kenton Firehouse in N Portland where the party took place. Thankfully, Portland is pretty jam-packed with cool buildings like this one, so even going to a 3-year-old Bday party can include a tour of an historic building.

EmbroideredTote
ToteGift


These were our gifts to the newly-turned-3: an activity bag (I cheated and bought the tote, but did embroider the crazy happy scene on the front) with handmade crayon roll, a couple drawing books, some sculpies, and some handmade journals.

VikingEsme

But, back to the anniversary…. If you’re not me, then the words “6th wedding anniversary” may not amaze and awe you like they do me. In a good way, though, because the past 6 years have flown by. Really flown, which is a good thing because the alternative is ‘dragged by’ and those could never be good descriptors for a marriage. My husband loves me, I know, because he stuck by my side when I was the only girl in the room with stick-straight-out braids at that 3-year-old Bday party. Now that’s true love.


3 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your gift tote - looks so cheerful and bright! Congratulations on your anniversary - it is surprising how fast the years go especially when you have little ones. (Where is the pic of your braids??)

Julie said...

Happy anniversary! So glad you guys found each other:) Otherwise I wouldn't know you and that would be sad for me.

Melissa said...

I love the bag. Great job!