8.18.2008

Repurp-dress

PillowcaseDressTake2

A lil sumpin that I sewed up this weekend for my sweet girl, aka another handmade thing that Esme doesn't want to wear, thank you very much.

PillowcaseDressDetail

But that's ok. I'm not at all offended, no sir. Because this dress made from a too-short shirt (cut off) and not-cute-enough-to-make-a-pillowcase-dress-but-don't-want-that-hem-to-go-to-waste can, when it's done being a dress, become a blouse-over-pants-type-thingie. And by that time she will probably be begging to wear it, or so I assume judging from her flippy floppy attitude as of late.

PillowcaseDressDetail2

And I'm willing to wait. And maybe even make a few more in the meantime.

10 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the dress - especially the embellishment around the hem - too cute! It is amazing how little girls can be so definite in their ideas from such a young age - when little boys couldn't care less what thery were wearing!!

Anonymous said...

So cute. Love the flower print at the top!

Casey said...

very cute and I love the idea! maybe I should attempt this sometime

Simply Stork said...

oh it is so cute...Maybe she will change her mind?

~simply~

Amanda @ www.kiddio.org said...

I love it! Funny thing, my son is so much pickier than my daughter, and would no doubt wear your lovely frock!
I especially love the use of freezer paper stencil!

ThePeachTree said...

The little rose is such a delicate artistic design!

Chloe said...

Oh its gorgeous!
My daughter would absolutely love that.

(makes a mental note to go through grown out clothes)

Julie said...

I know you have a lot of blogs on your list already, but check this one out. I didn't really look at it because it has the word "craft" in in and I don't do that, but maybe there are some ideas for you on it. http://www.myemmiecakes.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

So cute! I do hope she will start wearing your creations soon :)

Michelle said...

Cute dress! I sure wish I still had time to sew dresses for my girls. But, I have a 20-pound excuse for not having enough time to do ANY of my hobbies lately. He's worth it, though! ;-)