8.08.2008

Fabric Friday

FabricRedsYellows

Trying to recall last week's CSA veggie pathway from the bin to our tummies is making my head spin. Needless to say, nothing too exciting happened to those veggies except for getting themselves eaten. So I'll skip veg Friday and show some of the yummy fabrics I found in Redmond last week instead!

FabricsRainbowChard

Here's the beginnings of the rainbow chard quilt I've been itching to make. The pre-cut florals in the perfect shades of pink, green and orange and the little gingham orange were thriftstore finds and I pulled the other fabrics out of my stash. I don't have quite enough, but it's a good start and very rainbow chard-y.

FabricBlueFlowers

This is a very heavyweight (maybe upholstory?) fabric that is screaming to be made into a bag of some sort. Which means I'll need to find a bag-of-some-sort pattern to follow. Any suggestions?

FabricBluesGreens

You can't tell from the pic, but this feels and drapes suuuuuuuper yummy. I'm thinking skirt or cute flowy blousey top thingy. Again, any pattern suggestions?

VintageFabric

And...the rest. The red floral is actually a little baby pillowcase destined to be my next attempt at an Esme pillowcase dress. Wish me luck!

I'm pretty sure I used up most of my good thrift store karma on this trip, but hope I have a little tiny bit left over for the Redmond visit we're planning for September. Oh and their special that day was all the fabric you can fit into a brown grocery bag for $6. Score!

5 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a lovely haul of fabrics!! Love the pillowcase dress fabric - will look really sweet.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You've got quite a stash. I want to be you when I grow up.

Jessica said...

This inspired me to clean out my stash...and find some cool stuff in it. Unfortunately, I don't have as good thrift luck as you. I really love those top reds!

Unknown said...

Oooh! I love your finds! Um - bag suggestions. . . I have been eying this pattern for a couple of weeks, maybe you will like it too :)
http://www.henriettashandbags.com/black_forest_purse_pattern.html

Simply Stork said...

Now that is quite a stash....{covit, covit}

beautiful!!!I can't wait to see what becomes of them :o)

~simply~