8.04.2008

Just Passing Through

The kids and I returned from our high desert staycation just in time to unpack, do some laundry and repack for tomorrow's yurt day. Ahhh, yurt day…free of arguments such as this one in the car on the way home from Redmond, 20 minutes into a 3 hour long ride:

Holden: You say yes and I’ll say no.
Esme: ok.
H: No!
E: No!
H: No. You say yes. I say no.
E: ok.
H: No!
E: No!
H: YOU SAY YES!
E: NO!
H: YES!
E: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Me: How about Holden says yes and Esme says no?
H: No. That takes all the fun out of it.
(why do I bother?)

I’m in the process of laundering and ironing my way through this bag-full of thrifted fabric finds which I’m excited to show. I also have a kazillion pics of our elephant-eared, cotton candied, hot air ballooned, lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer week in Redmond to share. But tonight…tonight I must clean and pack and plan for our carefree, relaxing day…ahh yurt.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

A care free yurt day sounds perfect to me right now!!! I've been craving a care free get away just like that. Have a great time. Yes? No?

Anonymous said...

A yurt sounds heavenly and so relaxing. I love the smell and feel of a yurt. Looking forward to the photos of your thrifted fabric.

lisa solomon said...

that sounds like a cartoon! :)

Mozi Esme said...

Why is this so reminiscent of the 3 stooges?!

Anonymous said...

If the yurt's a rockin'...

Sandy said...

I love the OR high desert, one of our favorite places to vacation! :)