11.17.2008

s t i l l here

StillBoot

I realized after Esme's meltdown today over a cheerio stuck to her rainboot that we're all a little overwhelmed with life around here these days. New school, new schedule, new friends, new obligations...you know the routine. So I'm going to step back a bit and maybe post pics of our comings and goings instead of trying to force coherence. Because I've heard that "The clearest way into the universe is through a forest wilderness" (J. Muir) but I'm kinda stuck on the whole "forest for the trees" thing right now.

StillLeaves

Needless to say, I'm quite drawn to this project that I've seen buzzing around blogville. While I'm entirely too lazy to upload my pics to a flickr group, I'd love to partake in some 's t i l l ness.' So here goes.

And there I go, talking. Enough of that. "I'll be baaaaaack" (A. Schwarzenegger)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate it when cheerios get stuck on my rainboots!

It must be the time of year. Everything seems very overwhelming (including blogging).

We're with you!

Anonymous said...

life just seems overwelming all around doesn't it? my daughter had a similar meltdown because she wanted grandma to push play to start her yo gabba gabba dvd---not me.

meanwhile...i love your s t i l l photos.

Michelle said...

It's a cycle...start new, adjust, get in a rut, start over again. Once you guys adjust to the new, everything will be sweet again!

Unknown said...

After two months of school we've barely gotten to our routine. . . I will look forward to your still pics :) I've taken to making lists for the moment.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

I can relate to your busyness - hope life slows down again soon.

Jessica said...

I love all the s t i l l-ness going around. So perfect for shorter days and the busy-ness of the season. New routines are overwhelming...even for me now!

Mozi Esme said...

I'm loving the little part of the body in your photos! I seriously need to take some kind of photography course and figure out the whole business, but I guess I can play along with ideas like this without the course...