10.12.2008

New Apps

ApplePie

First off, what is up with bloglines? Is it just me, or is anyone else having problems with dropped posts? I'm perturbed, but not enough to move to another reader yet. Because then I'd have to figure out how to change my sidebar links, and then clean those up a bit, and then maybe clean out the refrigerator while I'm at it, and then there's that pile of unfolded laundry...I'll hold out on fussy bloglines for a teensy bit longer.

Ok sorry. Here's what I meant to show you: pics from our apple-y weekend:

AppleLineup

A jaunt to Portland Nursery's Apple festival, complete with apple tasting, pumpkin painting, peanut butter pinecone-making (including a little peanut butter knife licking by the little one, ahem), and our favorite local raw honey-buying.

AppleSauce

I brought home these pretty little specimens: Cox's Orange Pippin and Elstar.

I'm hoping the smaller pile makes the tasty pie and the other pile is for sauces and cooking, at least that's what I gleaned from the apple aficionados at the festival.

AppleTasting

And not included here are pictures from a cider pressing party because I, yet again, have managed to lose my lens cap and refuse to take my baby dear camera out into a world full of scratchy things.

AppleFlower

Now, onto apple butter-ing!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fabulous time! I have had issues with bloglines too - it's making me mad but I'm with you a little too much work to switch right now. . . :)

Mozi Esme said...

Yummy - that apple tasting looks like fun! I loved picking apples with my parents as a kid, but we never went further than Golden Delicious, usually.

kraftykash said...

The kids look like they are having a great time! Take Care-Kashoan

Simply Stork said...

wow! that does look like a blast...

~simply~

Julie said...

That looks like so much fun. It is always on my fall list of things to do to get to a apple orchard, but it never happens. Maybe next year.

Jessica said...

Apple tastings are great fun. I always fall back on Empires, though. Tomorrow in school we are having a taste test--which colored apple do they like the most--red, yellow, or green!

Maria Rose said...

What beautiful photos!

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun; how many kinds of apples are there?

Anonymous said...

i switched to google reader and i like it better. bloglines is always having problems.