5.15.2009

Goats (not bugs)

goatfriend

That bug picture was creeping me out so I'm posting a few shots from our goat farm adventure today. Goats trump bugs anyday.

goatbaby

goatxing

We had goat milk ice cream: super yummy! It doesn't taste goat-y at all!

goatfarm

goatfarm2

I adore goats and their unfussy, aloof ways. I always thought it would be fun to have one roaming around, nibbling the lawn, keeping us all in check. But I learned today that they are browsers, not grazers as I thought (they prefer to snack on the tips of woody shrubs and leaves). Bummer. Seems sheep are the lawn mowers and I'm not a big fan of the sheep sooooo, livestockless we will remain for the time being (although I've been eyeing some mighty fine chicken coops around blogland lately. Hmmmmm....)

Happy weekend everyone!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Much better!! :) Glad to see the sun was shining for your adventure!

Anonymous said...

so much cuter than the bugs.

stepstep said...

WAYYYYYYY better pix! where is that goat farm as tom & i would like to partake in the gloating of the goats :)

Jessica said...

I love goats! They are totally my favorite farm animal. And goat's milk ice cream sounds so tasty!

Nicola said...

i just found my way to you through a comment on soule mama. you have a lovely blog and it looks like we visit many of the same places online!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

Philigry said...

know, i have wanted a goat too. they are so sweet, and i love goat cheese!
the chickens!!! keep thinking about it. they are so much fun!

Simply Stork said...

we went with the chickens...although we did have a thought or two about goats...I would love to have some fresh goats milk...

~simply~