4.13.2009

Random desert ramblings

DrivingVignette

Hi all. We are in Central OR, breaking away from the not-so-fast pace of city life to give the hubby some one-on-one time with our not-yet-finished house renovation because I oh-so-badly want to move in. OH so badly.

I forgot my camera cable thing-y otherwise I’d be showing scenes of desert life, mainly us all snugged up indoors while the weather outside has a freakout. We planned on leaving tomorrow but I’m terrified of snowy mountain driving so may stay an extra day or two…or seven depending on the elements. I really hate driving in snow.

I don’t have my crafty provisions here, but I’m having fun vignette-ing with Photoshop (thanks Tracy for the tip!) Recognize those socks, steph? Yes, they’re yours and no, you can’t have them back. I'm holding them ransom until you hang out with me again :-P

I have been semi-productive: I wrote a letter to Martha Stewart informing her that the recent smattering of High Fructose Corn Syrup ads in her magazines are definitely not a “good thing” and that I’m willing to discontinue my love affair subscription if the ads continue. Needless to say, I’m not holding my breath on this one. But knowing that my subscription dollars are supporting an industry that I very strongly disagree with…well, I’m just not feeling the MS Living love anymore. I’ll let you know if she writes back (riiiiiiiight).

And speaking of crafty love, I’m excited to participate in Amy’s virtual quilt festival next week. Check it out, and join in if you have a favorite quilt + story!

7 comments:

Mozi Esme said...

Enjoy your break! And hope things are progressing well on your husband's end... :)

Unknown said...

Have fun away - I hope your new space is ready soon :)

Julie said...

Say hi to all for us. Who are you visiting anyway? I thought no one lives there anymore. If you drive out to visit us to give hubby a break there won't be any snow:D

Jessica said...

I'd love to leave fast paced city life for a few days. I'm glad I'm not the only one shocked by the high fructose corn syrup ads in MS!!

stepstep said...

totally thought those socks looked familiar! HEY, i miss those....i think ;) miss you MORE!

Simply Stork said...

have fun...and I love the socks...I have a sweater to match them...too cute :o)

~simply~

Lia said...

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you for the apron. It is even cuter in person. My family thinks I'm a little silly that I love it so much.

I hope you are having a nice, relaxing trip. Enjoy.