12.19.2008

VLMS (very last minute shopping)

Going on 6 days of the snow-melt-freeze dance and we’re starting to change our ‘let it snow’ tune around here. The grandparents arrived last night. Yay for back-up candyland players and online last-minute Christmas shopping. Speaking of which…

Check out these fabulous etsy vendors that I met at last weekend's craft show (all images are borrowed from each individual shop):


holden lee tees is a collaboration between a very clever mama and her 6-year-old son Holden(!) to incorporate his drawings and character bio’s into cute, silkscreened + appliqued t shirts. I love all the designs but decided on this one for my own dino- and robo-loving Holden.

better late than never makes jewelry out of vintage plastic doilies. I didn’t even know vintage plastic doilies existed, let alone that they could be made into such fracken cute jewelries. But, they do (and do!)



Namaste Works makes clay, mosaic and stained glass pieces and 10% of their sales go to Heifer Intl. I bought a little mantra, just for me.



Reimagined Musings
I happened to meet this supernice etsy vendor in the superlong, sanity-busting post office line when we were both shipping internationally. The kids were going postal, needless to say, so it was nice to have someone to keep my nerves in check. All her creations are made out of recycled junk mail…so cool!



ReThink Crafts makes super cute recycled sweater mittens and other items. I got a tote similar to the one pictured made out of a recycled sofa cover. It’s my new favorite bag, baby.


I chatted EclectiKid's ear off (or was it the other way around?) during some down-time. Cute cute CUTE designs. The toast guy says it all…

Yay handmade! Yay local! Yay, my Christmas shopping’s done!!!! (I have more non-Portland etsy treasures to share…next post!)

6 comments:

kraftykash said...

that weater sound awful! Im glad your parents are there to help keep the kids busy

Jessica said...

I can't wait to see what else you've found...I might need to step inside the dangerous world of Esty soon...

Michelle said...

We know how you feel about the weather. It's not much better over here. Have fun with the family, and congratulations on being done with your shopping! ;-)

Unknown said...

Great treasures! I find myself getting lost in etsy - way too much good stuff :)

Anonymous said...

That robosaurus shirt is pretty darned cute.

And I love the notion of grandparents as "back-up Candyland players". That should be listed in every grandparent's job description.

holden lee tees said...

Holden (holden tees) thinks it is the MOST fabulous thing that another Holden is wearing Robosaurus! Hope you all enjoyed the winter weather! Sounds like you were very productive!