7.25.2009

The blues

blueberries

I'm casting a feeble little "hi, i'm here" wave from behind the remaining boxes awaiting to be unpacked. I'm almost there, and can see the glimmer of craft-time hope in my newly adorned and adored craft room at the end of the tunnel. Must. Push. On....

But I decided to take a "break" today for some blueberry picking, sans kiddos. A friend and I headed south-ish to a little farm tucked into the corner of Hubbard, OR, a true treasure trove of perfectly sun-kissed blue beauties waiting to be picked.

And picked we did, 3 1/2 hours worth ending up with 26 pounds each! Aside from my friend getting stung in the face by a yellow jacket(!), we had a truly lovely time amongst the berries.

So now, I shall add to my not-so-short to-do list the task of putting these little blue beauties by. A task I'm all too happy to undertake. And then, back to the boxes!

18 comments:

Nicola said...

welcome home!
lucky you to have a craft room!
looking forward to new posts when the blog bug (and time) returns!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

ow. a yellow jacket!

nice to have you back.

Julie said...

Glad to have you back, I missed you. I'm sorry to hear about your friends, but happy you got such a good bounty.

Lori said...

hey, i still had boxes to unpack four years after we moved, so at least you’ll be waaaaay ahead of me! ;^)

((feebly waving back))

Jessica said...

I took a 'break' yesterday for some raspberry picking..it was exactly what I needed. I especially think berry picking is in order when the other option is unpacking!

Michelle said...

It's good to see you are able to blog again! I've missed reading your posts!

kraftykash said...

I wondered where you were. Im glad you are doing a little something fun along with the moving and unpacking. :0)

Mary Beth said...

Hi Melissa. Good luck with the rest of the unpacking. Lovely photo of the blueberries. Can't wait to see your new studio (if you share . . .)

Unknown said...

hi! you've been on my mind - glad you are getting settled and I hope you don't feel pressure to be here :) Hugs and happy unpacking!

lisa solomon said...

wow. 26 pounds?? that's no small amount of berry picking [ouch on the yellow jacket incident]

patricia said...

And what does one do with 26 pounds of blueberries? Looking forward to a post on that!

May the glimmer of craft-time hope keep you going!

Anonymous said...

I did not realize how stressful moving was. Looks really stupid when I type it but it's true.

Looking forward to seeing the craft room.

Hope things are going relatively smoothly and your sanity is intact!

Anonymous said...

Hey, did you join my new flickr group about moving? http://www.flickr.com/groups/1193619@N21/

Love to see your photos and perspective in there!
Tracey

Anonymous said...

hey lady...you ever coming back to blog land?

you're missed.

:)

Simply Stork said...

youch!!!! poor thing!

how wonderful to have such a trooper friend.

welcome back!

~simply~

Philigry said...

happy un-packing!
I got my block yesterday! I love it so much! thanks.

a friend to knit with said...

i came to check on you.... hope you are well!!!

Nishant said...

It's good to see you are able to blog again!
data entry india