1. I like to smell things: library books, paper clips, new fabric, wrapping paper, my babies' hair (especially my babies' hair), leaves, stones, sticks, bugs (yes, they do have a smell)...pretty much everything except the obvious stinky stuff. I think I'm an olfactory learner, or just plain weird.
2. I've based my reading book selections this summer solely on titles and covers. I didn't read the summary flaps or anything else about them beforehand, just jumped right in. So far, I've read 4 winners and 1 complete flop.
3. I successfully talked my OB out of inducing me on Holden's birthday, so Esme's bday is the day after Holden's. Had I known that "my kids have the same birthday" would make a more interesting random fact for this post, I may have reconsidered my options.
4. To live in Portland as a true Oregonian and not just an ex-pat, my in-laws made me denounce my Californian heritage by repeating "those damn dirty Californians" in my best Charlton Heston voice.
5. Brian and I are staying in a yurt at Champoeg State park next Tuesday! We've never stayed in a yurt, but it's cheap (like $35/night), close (first time leaving Esme, second leaving Holden) and I love saying "Champoeg" (pronounced "sham-POO-eeeeey") and "yurt" (pronounced "yurt") as much as possible.
6. A college professor once berated my "decorative use of punctuation" on an essay I wrote. I don't remember the course, the professor, or any subject matter that he (purposefully) taught, but that idea of punctuation as decoration delights me to this day (see "random fact #5 as an example)
And one more not so random fact, since this is a craft blog and all: I scored some cool vintage fabrics at the thrift store today and can't wait to